Preparation time: 1 hour 45 minutes or 15 minutes if using a Rotisserie Chicken.
Makes 3 Cups
• 4 lbs Mary’s Air Chilled Whole Chicken or (you could use a Rotisserie Chicken and add seasonings and juices from Rotisserie Chicken Bag.)
• Salt and Pepper
• Avocado Oil
• 3/4 tsp. Cumin Powder
• 3/4 tsp. Garlic Granules or Powder
• 3/4 tsp. Onion Granules or Powder
• 2-3 Chipotle in Adobo Chiles, Chopped
• 3/4 – 1 tsp of Salt
1.) Preheat oven to 425•
2.) Remove bag from inside of chicken. Place into an 8 x 11 Pyrex drizzle chicken with a little bit of oil. Sprinkle with Salt and Pepper. Bake for 20 minutes, then turn down heat to 375• for an hour and fifteen minutes. Check to make sure it’s fully cooked. It is done when juices run clear.
3.) Remove all the bones from the chicken. Save the chicken juices that are at the bottom of the Pyrex dish. In a large bowl shred chicken meat using 2 forks. Add juices from the Pyrex dish then add your seasonings and chipotle chilies.
4.) Place in tortillas for tacos or on a bed of greens for salad. Look below for my favorite taco ingredients.
💙 For Tacos you will need:
• Tortillas of Choice
• Cheese of Choice (I like Cotija or Feta works as a substitute.) Or Cheddar is good too.
• Cilantro, finely chopped
• Sour Cream
• Purple Cabbage, finely sliced
• Onion, chopped finely
• Hot Sauce I like Secret Aardvark Serrabanero Hot Sauce for these Tacos.
💙 For Taco Salad I use all the same ingredients on a base of some lettuce. You could also use my Chimichurri Dressing or my Jalapeno Cilantro Dressing would also taste good with this.