This was inspired by a Chipotle Chicken dish I had at a Mexican Restaurant called El Rodeo in Bend.
This can be served on Cauliflower Rice or a bed of Spinach.
Makes 20 -22 meatballs.
Serves 2-3 people depending on your serving size.
Preparation time 10-15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
• 1 lb. Ground Beef
• 1 Large Egg
• 1/4 Cup Pork Rind Panko
• 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese, shredded
• 1/2 tsp. Onion Powder
• 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
• 6 Cranks Pepper from a peppermill
• 1/4 tsp Salt
• Avocado Oil, to coat pan and scooper
1.) Mix everything, except Avocado Oil, in a medium bowl, mix until well combined.
2.) Place tinfoil on a large cookie sheet and coat with oil.
3.) Place some oil on inside of cookie scooper. Scoop meatballs onto greased cookie sheet.
4.) Bake at 425• for 15 minutes. Once cooked, set meatballs aside. While meatballs are cooking prepare the sauce.
Chipotle and Mushroom Cream Sauce:
• 1 Tbls. Avocado Oil
• 1 Tbls. Butter
• 2 Chipotles in Adobo Sauce, finely minced (1 Tbl + 1 tsp)
• 1 Cup Cremini Mushrooms, sliced
• 1 tsp. Onion, finely minced
• 1 clove garlic, finely minced
• Salt and Pepper, to taste
• 1/2 tsp. Smoked Paprika
• 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
• 1/4 Cup Parmesan, shredded
1.) Chop Mushrooms, Onions, Garlic and Chipotles in adobo.
2.) Place Butter and Oil in large frying pan. Turn heat to medium, and add Mushrooms, Garlic and Chipotles. Sauté for 5 minutes.
3.) Add 1/2 tsp. Smoked Paprika, Salt, Pepper and 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream, to Mushroom mixture. Turn down heat to low, and let it gently simmer for about 7-10 minutes.
4.) Add Meatballs and Parmesan and warm through for about 4 minutes.
5.) Serve on Cauliflower Rice or a bed of Spinach.