This is a riff of my Mom’s Meatloaf. She used Bread, Egg and Milk in her Meatloaf. I changed it to use Pork Rind Dust, Parmesan and Almond Milk.
Please read notes at the bottom before preparing recipe.
Makes 5 Mini Meatloaves
Prep time: 15 minutes
Bake time: 40 minutes
2 Lbs. Ground Beef ( I get the 85% Lean)
1 tsp. Salt
A few cracks of Pepper
1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
1/4 Cup Pork Rind Dust*
2 Tbls. Unsweetened Almond Milk
1 Large Egg
1/2 Cup GHughes SF Hickory BBQ Sauce
2 Tbls. Hot Sauce (I used Secret Aardvark Habanero Hot Sauce, it is very spicy, so if you want it less spicy you can use Trappey’s)
1 Tbls. Grainy Mustard
1. Heat oven to 350•
2. Grease the bottom of a 9 x 13.5 Pyrex with Avocado Oil.
3. In a large bowl add meatloaf ingredients and mix until well combined.
4. Shape into 5 mini loaves. I use a small container that I grease with some oil.
5. Bake for 40 minutes.
6. Prepare sauce while Meatloaf is baking.
7. At the 30 minute mark, pour sauce into small saucepan and heat on low.
8.) Place sauce on top of cooked Meatloaves.
*I place a bag of Pork Rinds into food processor and pulse into a fine powder. I always keep a bag in the cabinet for recipes.
*Or you can purchase Baconsheir or Porking Good on Amazon
This is my rendition of my Mom’s Meatloaf. I like to serve this with Cauliflower Mash and a simple Arugula Salad.