My Mom’s Quiche Recipe redone.
✨Please read notes at the bottom before preparing.✨
Servings: 8 slices
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Baking time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
• 1 Cup Blanched Almond Flour
• 3 Tbls. Lifesource Oat Fiber
• 1/2 tsp. Salt
• 2 Tbls. Salted Butter, Chilled & Cubed
• 2 Tbls. Bacon Fat, Chilled
• 3 Large Eggs
• 1/2 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
• 1/2 Cup Water
• 1/4 tsp. Herbs de Provence
• 1/4 tsp. Dill Weed, dried
• 1/4 tsp. Basil, dried
• 4 Cranks fresh Pepper
• a couple pinches of Salt
• 1 16oz. Package Beeler’s Chorizo ( you will only be using 1 – 1/4 Cups of cooked Chorizo)
• 1 – 1/2 Cups Sharp Cheddar, grated
• 1 -1/2 Cups Swiss Cheese, grated
• 1/4 Cup Onions, minced
• 1/8 Cup Jalapeño, seeded and minced (1/2 a jalapeño)
• 1 Cup Fresh Spinach, rough chopped
– Oat fiber was the Lifesource brand. From Amazon. This is the only brand I can recommend. Please note that Oat Fiber is different than Oat Flour. Oat Fiber contains NO Carbs. (I’m not sure what you could substitute that will give it the same texture.)
– Quiche is pretty flexible on ingredients, as long as you keep the egg filling and cream mixture the same, you can play around with different cheeses, veggies and meats.
– Make sure to not use all of Sharp Cheddar or your Quiche will be too oily.
– 2 different cheeses make for a tastier Quiche.
– You can make this Quiche crustless, the end baking times will stay the same.
– Quiche is great for potlucks, breakfast, lunch or dinner.
– I used Beeler’s Chorizo. It’s Gluten Free and has a really nice flavor. Whatever you don’t use in the recipe can be placed in the freezer, or you could make some queso dip or throw into eggs or a low carb tortilla.
– Tastes great with a Salad of Arugula or Spinach topped with my http://reedlovesketo.com/jalapeno-cilantro-dressing/
– If you make this recipe please tag @reedlovesketo on Instagram 💙