My Mom’s Quiche Recipe redone.
✨Please read notes at the bottom before preparing.✨
Servings: 8 slices
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Baking time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
• 1 Cup Blanched Almond Flour
• 3 Tbls. Lifesource Oat Fiber
• 1/2 tsp. Salt
• 2 Tbls. Salted Butter, Chilled & Cubed
• 2 Tbls. Bacon Fat, Chilled
• 3 Large Eggs
• 1/2 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
• 1/2 Cup Water
• 1/4 tsp. Herbs de Provence
• 1/4 tsp. Dill Weed, dried
• 1/4 tsp. Basil, dried
• 4 Cranks fresh Pepper
• a couple pinches of Salt
• 1 16oz. Package Beeler’s Chorizo ( you will only be using 1 – 1/4 Cups of cooked Chorizo)
• 1 – 1/2 Cups Sharp Cheddar, grated
• 1 -1/2 Cups Swiss Cheese, grated
• 1/4 Cup Onions, minced
• 1/8 Cup Jalapeño, seeded and minced (1/2 a jalapeño)
• 1 Cup Fresh Spinach, rough chopped
1.) Preheat oven to 425•
2.) In a large bowl mix the first 3 crust ingredients together, until well combined.
3.) Add in the butter and bacon grease. Mix together with your hands, until a dough forms.
4.) Press crust into a pie plate. It only covers the bottom and about 1/4 inch up the side.
6.) Bake at 425• for 8 minutes. Then set aside.
7.) While crust is baking, cook Chorizo in a large frying pan over medium high heat, until fully cooked.
8.) Grate Cheese, and chop Veggies and set aside.
9.) Prepare filling ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk until well combined.
10.) Layer in this order. Half of both Cheeses on top of crust, 1 – 1/4 Cups Cooked Chorizo, Onions, Jalapeño, Spinach. Top with other half of both cheeses, and then re-whisk filling mixture, and pour evenly over the top.
11.) Place Quiche on a large Baking Sheet. Bake at 425• for 10 minutes, continue baking in oven and turn down heat to 375• and bake for an additional 22-25 minutes.
– Oat fiber was the Lifesource brand. From Amazon. This is the only brand I can recommend. Please note that Oat Fiber is different than Oat Flour. Oat Fiber contains NO Carbs. (I’m not sure what you could substitute that will give it the same texture.)
– Quiche is pretty flexible on ingredients, as long as you keep the egg filling and cream mixture the same, you can play around with different cheeses, veggies and meats.
– Make sure to not use all of Sharp Cheddar or your Quiche will be too oily.
– 2 different cheeses make for a tastier Quiche.
– You can make this Quiche crustless, the end baking times will stay the same.
– Quiche is great for potlucks, breakfast, lunch or dinner.
– I used Beeler’s Chorizo. It’s Gluten Free and has a really nice flavor. Whatever you don’t use in the recipe can be placed in the freezer, or you could make some queso dip or throw into eggs or a low carb tortilla.
– Tastes great with a Salad of Arugula or Spinach topped with my http://reedlovesketo.com/jalapeno-cilantro-dressing/
– If you make this recipe please tag @reedlovesketo on Instagram 💙
Long time supporter, and thought I’d drop a comment.
Your wordpress site is very sleek – hope you don’t mind me asking what theme you’re using?
(and don’t mind if I steal it? :P)
I just launched my site –also built in wordpress
like yours– but the theme slows (!) the site down quite a bit.
In case you have a minute, you can find it by searching for “royal cbd” on Google
(would appreciate any feedback) – it’s still in the works.
Keep up the good work– and hope you all take care of yourself during the coronavirus scare!
Hi Justin I bought the theme from a company called pipdig and the theme is Equinox. The company helped me set it up and put it on WordPress. It’s very user friendly and I’m still learning so hopefully over time it will improve. I checked out your site and I think it looks great. You keep up the good work too. Thank you for your kind words.