💙 This is one of my favorite go to sauces. Everybody makes their Chimichurri a little differently. I prefer mine to have more of a Cilantro to Italian Parsley ratio. The flavor develops after a little time in the fridge. Although it is still super tasty freshly made.
💙Please read the notes at the bottom before preparing.
Makes 1 cup
Preparation time: 10 minutes
• 2 Cups Cilantro tops, washed and patted dry
• 1 Cup Italian Parsley tops, washed and dried
• 2 Garlic Medium Sized Cloves, minced
• 1 Tbl. + 1 tsp. Red Wine Vinegar
• 1 Tbl. + 1 tsp. Fresh Lime, juiced
• 1/4 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
• 1/2 tsp. Salt
• Pepper, a few cranks
• 1/4 Cup Olive Oil or Avocado Oil
1) Place everything except Oil into *Food Processor or Blender. Pulse a few times then slowly add oil on the pulse setting. Stopping on occasion to clear the sides. Taste and see if it needs more salt and pepper.
2.) Pour into a glass jar, cover and place in the fridge. Take it out of the fridge a 1/2 hour before serving.
💙 Please note: * The Food Processor makes it more the traditional chunky style, and the blender makes it smoother. It’s up to you how you prefer your sauce. I usually make it in the food processor and pulse it. If you make it in the blender just don’t over blend it.
💙 Keeps in the fridge for a couple of weeks in a covered jar.
💙 Tastes good on Steak, Chicken, Fish, and Tofu.
💙 You can mix it with Sour Cream or Mayo and Lime for a twist in your Bowls, Burritos and Tacos.
💙 Makes a tasty marinade for Meats and Tofu, if you add a couple spoonfuls of Chimichurri to some Avocado Oil and either Lemon or Lime. (Discard sauce after marinating.)
💙 You can substitute regular Parsley for the Italian Parsley, but it really tastes the best with the Italian Parsley.
💙 Macros are based on the whole 1 cup recipe so depending how much you use will determine your macros. I use KetoDiet App and try to use exact products or the closest I can find.
54 Fat Grams
3.3 Protein Grams
9.33 Total Carbs
3.08 Fiber Grams
6.2 Net Grams
💙 Macros for 1/4 Cup Chimichurri Sauce
1.6 Net Carb Grams
13 Grams of Fat