*Please read notes at the end of recipe before preparation.
Prep time 15 minutes
Bake time 12-15 minutes
Serves 4 minis or 6 in the 8 x 8 Pyrex
5 Cups Blackberries
3 Tbls. Walden Farms Pancake Syrup
1/2 tsp. Xanthan Gum
1/2 Cup Coconut Flour
1 Tbl. Lakanto Classic Monk Fruit
1/8 tsp. Salt
1/8 tsp. Cinnamon
1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
1 Tbls. Sour Cream
1/2 of a large egg, beaten
1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1/4 Cup Butter, Chilled and Cubed
1. Preheat Oven to 350•
2. Place Berries and Syrup in a 8 x 8 Pyrex Dish. Mix together until syrup is evenly mixed in. (If making in minis mix in a large bowl.)
3. Sprinkle xanthan gum evenly over berries. Stir it up until you no longer see any white.
4. Lightly mash berries with the back of a fork. You still want to see berry chunks, so don’t go crazy mashing. Set aside and prepare Cobbler topping.
5. In a medium sized bowl, mix all the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
6. In a small bowl beat the egg, adding only 1/2 the egg, into dry ingredients.
7. Add vanilla extract, sour cream and cubed butter into the dry ingredients.
8. Use your hands to to mix together until well combined.
9. Drop small pieces on top of berry mixture and bake for 12-15 minutes. (Keep checking at the 10 minute mark to make sure it’s not getting too brown. You want it lightly golden.)
-You can prepare this in an 8 x 8 Pyrex or 4 mini pie tins or 4 ramekins.
-You only need a half of the egg for the recipe. I beat one whole egg and just pour out 1/2 into the recipe and use the other 1/2 in something else. If you like a lot of cobbler topping, you could double the topping.
-If I’m not eating right away I bake for 12 minutes, and then I just reheat at 350 for a few minutes.
-You can serve it with some Keto Vanilla Ice Cream.