Please read notes at the bottom of recipe before making.
Blackberry and Lavender Scones
Makes 8 Scones
Prep time: 15 minutes
Bake time: 14 minutes
• 2/3 Cup Coconut Flour
• 2 Tbls. Lakanto Classic Monkfruit Sweetener
• 2 tsps. Baking Powder
• 1/4 tsp. Salt
• 2 Large Eggs
• 2 Tbls. Sour Cream
• 1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
• 6 Tbls. Salted Butter, Chilled and Cubed
• 16 Blackberries (about 1/2 Cup)
1. Preheat oven to 350•. In a large bowl mix all dry ingredients.
2. Whisk to combine.
3. Add all other ingredients (except Blackberries), to the dry ingredients.
4. Using your hands, mix the dough breaking the butter down with your fingers until well combined. You will see a few butter pieces.
5. Form into a ball.
6. Place ball between two pieces of parchment paper and roll out a circle that’s roughly 7 inches in length and about 3/4 inch high.
7. Cut it into 1/8ths.
8. Place 2 blackberries into each 1/8.
9. Place sheet of parchment with Scones onto a cookie sheet, and bake for 14 minutes. (Check on them at the 12 minute mark.)
10. Remove from oven and let cool on cookie sheet for 15 minutes. Then recut your lines and drizzle on glaze.
• 2 Tbls. Powdered Erythritol
• 1 tsp. Cream Cheese, softened
• 1/4 tsp. Salted Butter, softened
• Splash of Vanilla Extract
• 4 Blackberries
Optional: 1/4 tsp. Dried Lavender
1. Place everything (except lavender), into a small bowl. Use the back of a spoon to smooth out, and to crush berries.
2. Place glaze into a small hand held strainer over another small bowl and with the back of a spoon press down to remove all berry seeds for a smooth glaze.
3. Pour glaze over Scones and sprinkle with a tiny bit of dried lavender.
The Lavender is optional. It is good with or without it. I just really enjoy lavender, paired with blackberries.
This recipe can be easily cut in half to make a smaller miniature version just make sure it’s 3/4 inch thick, and bake for 12 minutes instead of 14 minutes.
You could easily sub different berries and put on a Powdered Erythritol Vanilla type glaze to save time.