Beef Stew is perfect for a fall and winter meal. You need about 25 minutes to prep, and put in the crock pot. Then 2 hours before serving, add the radishes and a slurry of the liquid in the crockpot with some Xanthan Gum.
I serve it with my Smoked Cheddar Cauliflower Mash.
• 2 Tbls. Avocado Oil
• 1 – 1/2 Cup Sweet Onion, cut into quarters
• 1 Cup Cremini Mushrooms, sliced into thick slices
• 4 Small Cloves of Garlic, halved
• 1- 1/2 lbs. Flat Iron Steak or Stew Meat
• 1 tsp. Smoked Paprika
• 1 tsp. Onion Powder
• 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
•3/4 tsps. Herbs de Provence
• 2 tsps. Salt
• Pepper, to taste
• 2 Cups Beef Broth or Beef Stock
• 1/2 Cup Pinot Noir Wine
• 3 Tbls. Primal Kitchens Ketchup
To add to Stew, 2 hours before serving:
• 1 – 1/4 Cups Radishes, quartered
• A few tablespoons of the stew liquid (removed from crockpot)
• 1/2 tsp. Xanthan Gum
1.) Slice Veggies and Beef, reserve Radish in the fridge, until 2 hours before serving.
2.) In a large bowl coat meat in Spices, Salt and Pepper.
3.) Place Oil in large frying pan. Turn heat to medium/high and add Garlic, Onions and Seasoned Meat. Sauté for about 12-15 Minutes. Stirring as needed.
4.) Place mixture into crockpot and add all the other ingredients. (Excluding Radishes and Slurry mixture.)
5.) Stir and turn Crockpot to High and Cook for 5 hours total. At the 5 hour mark add Radishes and scoop out some of the liquid of the stew into a small bowl, add 1/2 tsp. Xanthan Gum, and mix together to make a slurry. Pour back into crockpot, and cook on high an additional 2 hours.
6.) Serve with Smoked Cheddar Cauliflower Mash